Translate

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

When Summer Ends

It's always on the last day of summer when you think "Goodness, where did all that time go?"   and when you realize that, yet again, the school year is approaching.  It is then that you realize that all your free time will get zapped up during schooling hours and even beyond while one is working on homework.

It is in the face of such depressing odds that a humble panda such as myself recognizes the true worth of two things:  study halls and an hour-and-a-half long bus ride.

Study halls.  These help tremendously if you don't want to spend hours upon end late at night doing homework (because who does it right when they get home?) that is really boring and makes you want to sleep.  Unless, of course, you're an imaginative panda like me and prefer to spend study halls writing little stories and drawing comic strips.  Then, you're stuck doing homework late at night.  But then of course it takes way too long, and you have to wake up early, so you have to go to sleep, so you rush the homework...  

Or you just sleep a little less than usual!  This brings up my second point.  A bus ride that is one and a half hours long roughly.  A good time for catching a wink or two on the way to school.  Unless you snore... which is then kind of embarrassing.  But nevertheless!  An exhausted panda will do what an exhausted panda must do.  Another problem to take into account is when the bus jolts and a certain little panda face is jostled into the hard window...  

It's always really funny when the end of summer comes.  Because I vaguely recall, sometime during the middle of summer, thinking "Wow, a lot of time has gone by.  It seems like months since we were in school!" and now I'm all like "Did I just get out of school yesterday!?"  -.-

It's very depressing.

I have developed a certain theory.  I think that the heat from summer fries your brain.  Then when it starts getting cooler in the final days of summer (though the past few days where I am have been anything but cool) your brain starts thinking clearly again.  

It's a simple theory that's still in the works, but I firmly believe that it's true.  

Anyway, I just had to apologize for the long long long wait for an update from your favorite panda.  Especially since I left you in a huge cliffhanger at the end of the second-to-last part of the short story ;)  

But I have been mulling over and working on the final part, and I wished to share my thoughts about when summer ends with you as I told you that the final installment in the short story is coming up.  (Where, finally, our favorite dragon Marius will in fact get hit in the head with a boulder.)  

Also, I got my permit today, and I just want to memorialize this momentous occasion.

...

...

Well, someone needs to bake a cake!  :D

Myth: the "Panda With a Pencil"




1 comment:

  1. Cake baking will have to wait until late at night when the house is a bit cooler... and then the cake will last until time to pack lunches tomorrow, he he.

    ReplyDelete