Translate

Friday, August 1, 2014

Short Story Part 2 (and Bob too!)

You know what a good story called "The Short Story Consisting of Words in Which a Dragon Who Cannot Tell a Single Lie Gets Hit in the Head With a Boulder Part One" needs?  A little something I like to call "The Short Story Consisting of Words in Which a Dragon Who Cannot Tell a Single Lie Gets Hit in the Head With a Boulder Part Two".  

But before we begin, I have a little thing that I'd like to share.  We all have a certain time that's our favorite time, right?  Maybe it's noon, when the sun is exactly at its zenith, maybe its midnight when all the world is asleep except the nocturnal crickets who constantly fill the night with their melodic chirping.  Maybe it's 2:24 (because 2 + 2 = 4, get it?  XD), or maybe it's just 11:54 for no reason.

What's Myth's favorite number? you may be asking.  Oh, what's the Panda With a Pencil gonna say that'll make us all laugh?  I can't wait!

Well, the wait is over.  My favorite time is 8:08 am.  Why?  Because with our clock (which has military time, so it can only be 8:08 am and not pm, which would then read 20:08) makes the 8's look like B's, which makes 8:08 look like Bob.  

'Nuff said.  

Anywho, onto the continuation of the fantastical epic I began with yesterday.  And now without any more commentary, we shall begin.

3...

2...

1...

The Short Story Consisting of Words in Which a Dragon Who Cannot Tell a Single Lie Gets Hit in the Head With a Boulder Part Two

Marius snorted and snored really loud when he dreamed.  When he snorted, puffs of smoke left his nostrils and wafted up through the bars and into the world beyond.  Sometimes when he dreamed, his wings would flutter slightly, revealing that in his dreams he was flying.  

Or at least, that's what Vaidd assumed.

In Marius's dreams, though, he was usually falling.

But not in this one.  In this one, he was actually flying.  He was flying among a whole gaggle of dragons, all of which he recognized.  He greeted them in their deep, rumbling, sonorous tongue and they were greet him back, apparently elated.  When he asked why they were surprised to see him, they replied that they had heard General Vaidd had captured him.  

He really wished that this was more than just a dream, and that it was the actual reality.  

When he told them that he was still in captivity and that this was merely a dream, the other dragons looked troubled.  "Let dreaming become your reality," one said.  

"But in my dreams I'm usually falling," Marius replied.  "I'd rather them not become my reality."

The other dragon looked puzzled.  "We'll try to free you though."

"You can't," Marius replied sorrowfully.  "The bars surrounding my prison are made of [untranslatable growls and snarls], the metal that dragons can't break?"

"How'd Vaidd get his hands on that?" another dragon lamented.  "We will make him rue the day that he ever captured one of us.  Why has he apprehended you?"

"He wishes to know what we dragons fear most," Marius replied.  "I unfortunately have been cursed, and cannot tell a lie.  I can remain silent, for silence is not an untruth, but he may send some men to find someone who can curse me against silence.  I saw men riding from the castle just this morning, so maybe he already has."

"And when he finds out what we fear most," an older dragon snarled, "he'll be able to bring war against us.  A war that we may not be able to win."

"I will keep him from this knowledge as long as I can," Marius pledged.

Before the other dragons could reply, Marius suddenly started falling again.  He violently whipped around, flailing his wings to try and recover lost altitude, all to no avail.  He drew closer and closer to the ground before finally ...

As he woke up, his eyes tore open and his nostrils flared.  He brought his head up fast and growled menacingly as he tried to overcome the horrors of falling.  Looking around the room outside his cage, he saw a young boy standing there, unattended and looking at him.

Marius eyed him for a second before saying, "Who are you?"

"I am Vaidd Marius Verinicus VIII," the boy replied, "though most call me Junior."

"You're the general's son?" Marius growled. "Why are you here alone?"

"I'm looking at you," the boy replied casually, "because I want a closer look at the monsters who killed my grandfather."

Marius studied the boy closely.  He wore garments that made him resemble some sort of human scholar.  "Monsters?" the dragon asked.  "We are no monsters."

"You attacked the kingdom unprovoked," Junior accused.  "Why would you do that?"

"Unprovoked?"  Marius spat.  "Who told you this tale?  We were freeing one of our own from a situation similar to my own.  Capturing a dragon is a crime that we deal with severely."

"You know of the battle of which I speak?"

"Of course I do!" Marius laughed.  "I was there.  I saw your grandfather die.  I say this not to enrage you, but to console you.  He fought and died bravely, despite the crimes he committed against us. That much I can give him."

"You say he had captured a dragon?"

Marius nodded.  "Much like your father has captured me.  Your father was just a boy, as I recall.  Perhaps he didn't know.  Did he tell you that our attack was unprovoked?"

Junior nodded. 

"He may be telling the truth as he sees it.  Perhaps for all he knew the attack was unprovoked.  But I assure you, boy, we would never kill wantonly."

"How do I know that you're telling me the truth?"

Marius glanced at the boy.  "Do you forget that I can tell nothing but the truth?"

------------------

We're getting deeper now!  Intense, epic, and it's only part two!  XD  Anyhow, tell me your thoughts and your comments down below in the comment section.  Again, you can follow me by email somewhere on the side over the right, and you can check previous posts there as well.  (Or just scroll down.  Or however this works XD)

Once again,

Myth: the "Panda With a Pencil"

2 comments:

  1. Truly epic tale so far! Definitely looking forward to the next part :D
    How many parts are there gonna be altogether? (Or do you know yet?)
    Anywho, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know not when
      This tale ends
      Nor if it ever will

      The only thing
      I promise ye
      Is I'll keep writing still

      Delete